Amidst a militarized border region, rife with vigilante justice, white supremacists and anti-sanctuary action, our role is to organize faith communities to defend the dignity and human rights of immigrants.
- We work with nine congregations and dozens of volunteers to raise awareness of the plight of immigrants in the region.
- Visitation volunteers accompany immigrants detained in Adelanto. They provide moral, physical, logistical and sometimes financial support as families face court appointments, detention and deportation.
- We mobilize congregations to help sponsor and support people seeking asylum from human rights violations in their home countries.
- We host quarterly prayer vigils at the notorious Adelanto detention facility, to shine a light on the abuses and give voice to the stories of those who are imprisoned there.
- We educate the community on immigration root causes and alternatives to detention.
- We engage college students to work with us and lift up the stories of those impacted by detention.
- Project Thrive: Floreciendo tus Sueños is empowering a 2021 cohort of immigrant entrepreneurs, in partnership with the California Department of Labor’s SEED Initiative