Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity’s Nueva Esperanza Accompaniment Team (NEAT) program trains San Francisco Bay Area congregations to form a team to walk alongside recently arrived immigrants for six months. The teams support the immigrants’ self-sufficiency by introducing them to local resources. By working toward families’ goals together, we create sanctuary, safety, and friendship in the community.
- To learn more about families and congregations who have accompanied them, read our NEAT Stories or watch our video: “From Root Causes to Sanctuary”
- If you are interested in participating in NEAT, you can form a team through your congregation! Please review our introductory materials to get started.
- Individuals, congregations, and organizations can also partner with NEAT by offering:
- Hosted Housing – Host a family in your home, in-law unit, or apartment building for free or reduced cost for 3-6 months. Watch our Hosted Housing Intro video to learn more about our hosted housing partnership with New Anchor
- Sponsorship – Sponsor a family at the border so they can be released from detention and start their lives. See our Sponsorship FAQ
- Strengthen accompaniment in your region: If you live outside the San Francisco Bay Area, IM4HI can provide consultation and training to organizations or congregations interested in strengthening their own capacity to provide accompaniment. Please fill out our Accompaniment Training Interest form if you live outside the San Francisco Bay Area and would like to be trained in our accompaniment model
Nueva Esperanza Accompaniment Teams (NEAT) 2019-2020 appreciation video
Questions? Comments? Ready to start? Contact our NEAT Coordinator, Kelly Younger: email@example.com