Thank you for your interest in partnering with us to accompany recently arrived immigrants in our NEAT program. Deciding as a congregation to accompany a family is a discernment. We hope these materials are helpful in your decision-making progress. Please follow these steps to learn more and get started!
- Review the team requirements to learn about forming an accompaniment team.
- Invite people from within your congregation to join the accompaniment team. You can adapt and share this sample invitation if it’s helpful:
- Get trained! All of our trainings are currently held online. We ask people to get fully trained before committing to participate in NEAT. Training topics include:
- Definition of Accompaniment
- Outcomes of Accompaniment (transformative justice, etc.)
- Methods of Accompaniment (self-awareness of privilege, etc.)
- Centering Immigrant Newcomers
- How to organize an Accompaniment Team
- Trauma and Self-Care
- Self-Sufficiency and the Team Toolkit
Contact our Nueva Esperanza Coordinator, Nadia Tavera firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or for more information.