Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, the Baháʼí faith and many others share a central commitment to the sacredness of every person.
Welcome the refugee.
Treat the stranger as your own.
Compassion knows no borders.
Love has no walls.
For more than twenty years, the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity has been joining hands with people of faith to act on these core beliefs. We defend the humanity of the immigrant and fight for the rights of the incarcerated. Working at the intersection of spirituality and social movements, we mobilize congregations to take a stand on issues of social justice like immigration and mass incarceration… [read more]
We invite you to join us in a multifaith solidarity fast in support of hunger strikers at Mesa Verde (Bakersfield, CA) and Golden State Annex (McFarland, CA) protesting the dehumanizing and unjust conditions of immigration detention. The strikers are calling for immediate release and closure of immigrant detention facilities. The strikers have been retaliated against, and some were violently removed from their dorms. This is a moment to mobilize and show people who are incarcerated inside these harmful places that THEY ARE NOT ALONE! As a multifaith community we are hosting a week of fasting between April 2-8, 2023. Those
There is an URGENT request to Defend Asylum from a proposed ban on asylum from the Biden administration. Biden’s asylum ban fundamentally violates our deepest spiritual values to love one another and prevent harm.
The proposed rule is subject to an open public comment period that will end on March 27. THAT’S IN 6 DAYS!
You have an opportunity to defend asylum. Please make a Public Comment Today! Link to Make a Comment: noasylumban.us/
“Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for freedom. “. Fast and rally in SF in solidarity with the detained hunger strikers in two detention centers in Kern County, CA ( Mesa Verde and Golden State Annex)- on the 30th day of the hunger strike. We were blessed to hear from 3 folks on the hunger strike who were able to call and speak to the crowd. ( the photo of the speaker) One of them, George, said: “ Thank you for joining us. I no longer feel alone. Who are they to say we are not equal? Who are
Our Email Newsletter
- Hilda Cruz Joins Mercy Global Action Emerging Leaders FellowshipOn International Women’s Day, Mercy International Association announced the ten women who will form the third cohort of the Mercy Global Action Emerging Leaders Fellowship (MELF), 2023-24. IM4HI is honored that our own Hilda Cruz was chosen to be among them. The MELF Program, grounded in the three pillars of Justice, Leadership and Mercy, uplifts […]
- Statement on Human Rights Abuses in PalestineInterfaith Movement for Human Integrity is a statewide California organization that connects clergy and people of faith to the work of social justice. We believe that all people are sacred across bars and borders. As faith communities with shared spiritual values, we believe we have the duty to prevent harm and uphold well-being. In pursuit […]
- San Francisco Interfaith Council hosts Nueva Esperanza Accompaniment Team (NEAT) ProgramThe San Francisco Interfaith Council (SFIC) 94th Online Briefing for Community and Faith Partners welcomed Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity’s Nueva Esperanza Accompaniment Team (NEAT) Program Manager Kelly Younger, who offered an overview of her organization’s important work, the danger of exploiting unknowing immigrants for political gain, and practical ways in which San Francisco congregations […]
- Video: the Sanctuary Huddle at St. John’sThe Sanctuary HuddleSt. John’s Presbyterian Church, San Francisco, CARev. Dr. Theresa Cho (she/her), Pastorstjohnssf.orgstjohnssf.org/sanctuary
- Danny Thongsy in Berkeley NewsIM4HI staff member S. Danny Thongsy was featured 1/20/2023 in the online newspaper at the University of California at Berkeley. The article includes artwork, photos and audio interviews with Danny and his remarkable life journey. Check it out! News.berkeley.edu article: “Student Danny Thongsy: We can look within ourselves to find strength and persevere“