Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, the Baháʼí faith and many others share a central commitment to the sacredness of every person.
Welcome the refugee.
Treat the stranger as your own.
Compassion knows no borders.
Love has no walls.
For more than twenty years, the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity has been joining hands with people of faith to act on these core beliefs. We defend the humanity of the immigrant and fight for the rights of the incarcerated. Working at the intersection of spirituality and social movements, we mobilize congregations to take a stand on issues of social justice like immigration and mass incarceration… [read more]
The Shut Down Adelanto Coalition (SDA), a collective of organizations and directly impacted individuals from all over Southern California talk about publishing their first quarterly report on conditions and abuses within the Adelanto ICE Center and the Desert View Annex.
The Shut Down Adelanto Coalition (SDA), a collective of organizations and directly impacted individuals from all over Southern California are publishing their first quarterly report on conditions and abuses within the Adelanto ICE Center and the Desert View Annex. This report presents information gathered and obtained from community advocates, legal service providers, government reports, and most importantly, the voices of those currently detained at Adelanto and Desert View. Join us on Monday, May 16th @ 5pm for a 30-minute conversation to discuss the findings and ways you can take action to close Adelanto and Desert View. Don’t miss out -
Our Email Newsletter
- Accompaniment and Solidarity in Hondurasby Professor Amy Argenal Seven years ago, I attended my first pilgrimage to Honduras as part of a group of faith leaders to explore the root causes of migration. I wanted to explore the root causes of migration so I could understand them and become a better advocate and solidarity partner. Interfaith Movement for Human […]
- Pilgrimage for a Better FutureThe Pilgrimage for a Better Future: From the Heartbreak of Immigrant Detention to Thriving Communities is an interfaith, spiritual pilgrimage to bear witness to the preventable human suffering caused by immigrant detention in California, as a prayer for their closures, the safe releases of those on the inside, and the transformation and thriving of local […]
- Sacred Prayer Circle: Bringing Hope to Those Impacted by IncarcerationJoin the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity, Families United to End LWOP, The Fair Chance Project, and Lincoln Memorial Congregational Church in a Sacred Circle gathering to uplift those crushed by the criminal legal system. The event will highlight the stories of formerly incarcerated and incarcerated persons and family members impacted by LWOP (Life Without […]
- Project Thrive: Floreciendo tus SueñosSince June 2021, IM4HI has been piloting a project, Project Thrive: Floreciendo tus Sueños, to support immigrants, asylum seekers, and those formerly detained who often face barriers to employment. IM4HI was one of eight organizations to be awarded a grant through the California Department of Labor’s SEED Initiative to promote the entrepreneurship of immigrants, English […]
- Faith-Rooted Organizing – Feb 2022 TrainingRegistration and more info here. IM4HI is co-sponsoring a 6-Week Faith-Rooted Organizing Training on the methodology that we use in our work. IM4HI director Rev. Deborah Lee will be co-teaching it with longtime activist and organizer, Rev. Sandhya Jha. The Faith-Rooted Organizing course starts on Monday, February 21 at 5pm pacific, and each session is […]