Judaism, Christianity, Islam, Buddhism, the Baháʼí faith and many others share a central commitment to the sacredness of every person.
Welcome the refugee.
Treat the stranger as your own.
Compassion knows no borders.
Love has no walls.
For more than twenty years, the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity has been joining hands with people of faith to act on these core beliefs. We defend the humanity of the immigrant and fight for the rights of the incarcerated. Working at the intersection of spirituality and social movements, we mobilize congregations to take a stand on issues of social justice like immigration and mass incarceration… [read more]
ICE transfers are harmful to our communities and doubly punish immigrants and refugees simply because of where they were born. Learn more about the impacts of ICE transfers and how you can support to end this cruel practice. #VISIONAct #StopICETransfers
Today an article was published by The Guardian recognizing Salesh Prasad for his incredible story and his transformation as an incarcerated person. But also emphasizing the risks of his deportation back to Fiji, as a queer man. During our pilgrimage, we made a stop at the Golden State Annex where Sal is currently being held. We all stood in solidarity with him and all the other immigrants inside, as we heard a recorded testimony of his. Bishop David Rice from the Episcopal Diocese of San Joaquin has been a support of Sal and resigns in the Stanislaus and San Joaquin
Our Email Newsletter
- We Are Movement – IM4HI Song VideoEnjoy this wonderful song written for and about the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity! Images include many of you who have been part of our work in the past few years. Original music and lyrics by Benjasoul with lyrical help from the IM4HI staff. Video production by Sergio Jaime Lopez.
- Accompaniment and Solidarity in Hondurasby Professor Amy Argenal Seven years ago, I attended my first pilgrimage to Honduras as part of a group of faith leaders to explore the root causes of migration. I wanted to explore the root causes of migration so I could understand them and become a better advocate and solidarity partner. Interfaith Movement for Human […]
- Pilgrimage for a Better FutureThe Pilgrimage for a Better Future: From the Heartbreak of Immigrant Detention to Thriving Communities was an interfaith, spiritual pilgrimage to bear witness to the preventable human suffering caused by immigrant detention in California, as a prayer for their closures, the safe releases of those on the inside, and the transformation and thriving of local […]
- California Faith Leaders Letter to the Yuba County Board of SupervisorsDear Yuba County Board of Supervisors, Two hundred and thirty-six faith leaders across California have signed the following letter urging you to end the ICE contract at Yuba County Jail. This letter was initiated and authored by Rev. Deborah Lee of Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity, Rev. Dr. Megan Rohrer of the Sierra Pacific Synod […]
- Sacred Prayer Circle: Bringing Hope to Those Impacted by IncarcerationJoin the Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity, Families United to End LWOP, The Fair Chance Project, and Lincoln Memorial Congregational Church in a Sacred Circle gathering to uplift those crushed by the criminal legal system. The event will highlight the stories of formerly incarcerated and incarcerated persons and family members impacted by LWOP (Life Without […]