Justice Not Jails and Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity will conduct its next community organizing session at Macedonia Baptist Church on Tuesday, August 29, at 7:00 PM. Macedonia is located at 1751 East 114th Street in Los Angeles.
We are building a network with our partners, ACLU, A Way of Life, Amity Foundation, Dignity and Power Now, L.A. Progressive, and Women in Transition to:
- hold elected officials and police accountable to our community;
- raise our voices about public budgets and our tax dollars (budgets are moral documents that reflect our values); and,
- create welcoming centers for returning residents who are formerly incarcerated by lifting up their leadership skills through our Beyond Bars Congregations.
Mark your calendars and join us for this very important community organizing session on August 29 at 7:00 PM at Macedonia Baptist Church in Watts.
Upcoming community organizing and training sessions at Macedonia Baptist Church have been scheduled:
- Thursday, September 14 – 7:00 PM
- Thursday, October 26 – 7:00 PM