A Special Message From the Justice Not Jails Leadership Team
You already know part of what we do: for five years Justice Not Jails has brought faith communities to the tables where the real work is done to change the awful story of abusive policing and mass incarceration of people of color.
Something you may not know: We also work inside of faith communities to deepen awareness of the toxic combination of racism and bad religion that undergirds the mass incarceration regime. We create transformative occasions for those most victimized by the system to tell their stories in sacred space that is made more sacred by their testimony.
For the past year we have been proud to be a program of the statewide Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity. Proud because IM4HI effectively combats the very same toxic combination as expressed in all of the vicious state terrorism we see targeting immigrant communities.
Here is how JNJ is growing in 2018:
- We are adding a dedicated Justice Not Jails organizer in Southern California
- We are expanding the network of Beyond Bars congregations – and enriching their experience
- We are advancing JNJ’s effectiveness on key regional and statewide policy issues
- We are creating a powerful theological event addressing the white supremacist roots that link mass incarceration and anti-immigrant polices and practices
- We are bringing this clear intersectional focus to all of our work on criminal justice and immigration
And more good news: our SoCal leadership team’s commitment to growing JNJ – our faith in its future – is so strong that we are making a first-ever matching gift offer:
MAKE A YEAR-END GIFT NOW, AND WE WILL MATCH YOUR CONTRIBUTION 100%!!
OUR GOAL: $25,000 IN NEW GROWTH GIFTS
YOUR GIFT IS FULLY TAX-DEDUCTIBLE
Do not hesitate to contact us with any questions. And if there is someone you wish to HONOR through your gift—perhaps an incarcerated person or a heroic freedom fighter you admire or whose memory you cherish—just let us know: we will publish the names of all honorees in a special “thank you” issue of our weekly e-letter.
With our warmest wishes for a wonderful Sacred Season and the Happiest of New Years!
Your Justice Not Jails Leadership Team
All gifts will directly benefit Justice Not Jails in Southern California. The JNJ leadership team will contribute $10,000 toward matching the first $10,000 in gifts dollar for dollar. We hope and pray that we will EXCEED that amount thanks to your generosity and your own faith in our work.