Interfaith Movement for Human Integrity is actively supporting the voices raised in support of the inmates at San Quentin State Prison as they face a COVID-19 outbreak within its walls.
We are co-hosts of the June 28 protest, among others, held outside the gates.
- KTVU Fox 2 News, June 29, 2020: “Rally at San Quentin to release prisoners as coronavirus cases surge”
- San Francisco Chronicle, June 28, 2020: “As San Quentin’s coronavirus cases spike to 871, protesters want inmates freed”
- “They have no freedom to wash their hands, use soap or socially distance,” said the Rev. Deb Lee, who used to teach tai chi at the prison. “This is taking away their dignity.”
- Oakland In True Colors, photo album of the June 28 protest. “SAN QUENTIN & COVID. #INMATELIVES #CARENOTCAGES. #STOPSANQUENTINOUTBREAK“
- June 26 statement from the San Quentin Inmate Family Council