Skip to the content
- Citizenship for Eleven Million. That includes all eleven million, and is without exclusions of those who may have been deported and reentered, or those with past convictions or other bases of exclusion; but expresses values of family unity, belonging, and redemption.
- Community, not Cages.
- Close immigration detention centers, both private and public, starting with the #First10, including Adelanto and Mesa Verde in CA, family detention, and several southern detention facilities.
- Recognize rights of asylum seekers, families and children. Create a robust reentry program (not housed under ICE and DHS) of support and care, not detention. We have the resources to recreate a new approach.
- Promote alternative strategies to large immigrant children’s shelters and facilities.
- Drastically reduce spending on militarization of the border, deportations and enforcement. Redirect to community needs.
- Root Causes. A critical look at root causes, such as the failed neoliberal economic model, failure to respect indigenous rights, and significant role of US weapons and militarization. (See the eight-page 2019 Honduras Root Causes report, with policy recommendations, created by IM4HI, SHARE, Sisters of Mercy, LCWR. PDF here. )