From our executive director, Reverend Deborah Lee: A prayer to affirm our commitment to the sacredness of Black lives, and a call for racial equity and substantive social change where Black lives are treated as sacred, with love, and the upholding of justice.
In this defining political moment, where the pattern of racial, economic and military violence in this country is laid bare, we invite you to learn, participate and invest in creating a world that truly regards Black lives as sacred.
LEARN: On May 29th we held a faith-rooted organizing webinar on “Ending Life Without Parole”. Learn what Life Without Parole means and the ways you can participate in bringing this inhumane sentencing to an end.
PARTICIPATE: Our organizers will be sharing and creating ways we can respond locally as an interfaith community to the evolving situation. To learn about ways you can get involved, contact our local organizers:
- Bay Area: Gala King | Gking@im4humanintegrity.org
- Los Angeles: Reverend Dr. Larry Foy | Lfoy@im4humanintegrity.org
- Inland Empire: Hilda Cruz | Hcruz@im4humanintegrity.org
INVEST IN BLACK ORGANIZERS: Black-led organizations and organizers need our financial support. Below are a few ways you can invest in protecting the dignity of Black lives and support the long-term movement.
- National Bail Fund:Protest leaders across the country are being targeted for arrest by police. Help bond out local protesters in your community, by using this searchable bond relief website.
- Donate to Black Lives Matter: Sustain the Black Lives Matter Movement to end state-sanctioned violence, liberate Black people, and end white supremacy forever.
- Justice Not Jails: Donate to IM4HI’s Justice Not Jails program. Justice Not Jails meets monthly as faith and community leaders to organize for criminal justice reform, law enforcement accountability and changing the landscape of incarceration in Los Angeles.
How to Receive a Free “Justice for George” Print: For a donation of $10 or more to any of these or other groups, you can receive a Free Print of Justice for George donated by the artist Jada Wong. Send a receipt of your donation of $10 or more to Jada and she will send you a complimentary print. Contact Jada through Instagram @jadawongg, or on FB @Jada Wong.
Ways to Engage This Week:
Join us for two events this week that remember and honor the lives lost by police violence and of COVID-19 while incarcerated. Uplift their memories and participate in change.
Friday June 5th | 8am-4pm
Hall of Justice: 211 W Temple St, Los Angeles, CA 90012.
Honor the lives that have been lost to police violence and the people that continue suffering inside of LA County jails.
This event is organized by Justice LA. They ask everyone to deliver arose to the steps of the Hall of Justice representing one life taken from our communities at the hands of law enforcements. 12,000 roses, 12,000 cracks.
Online Candle-Lighting Ritual
Sunday June 7th | 8pm
Join Here: bit.ly/honorliveslost
We are co-hosting an online weekly candle-lighting ritual to uplift incarcerated people we have lost to COVID-19 and #DeathbyIncarceration in California.
#HonorLivesLost is a network of organizers and advocates dedicated to memorializing and uplifting incarcerated people we lose to COVID-19 and #DeathbyIncarceration in California.
Share the Facebook Event